How To Use Smart Lighting To Take Christmas Decorating To The Next Level December 14, 2016 00:00
‘Tis the Season for Smart Lighting!
“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas ev’rywhere you go…”
If you’re like most people, you’ve already started outfitting your home with decorations befitting the holiday season, complete with holly, wreaths, mistletoe, and ornaments galore!
And when it comes to figuring out how to illuminate all of your little seasonal touches this year, smart lighting lets you explore a wealth of new lighting options that will make it one of the holly-est, jolliest Christmases yet!
The perks of decorating your home with smart lighting
In the past few years, many people have replaced their boring old lights with smart bulbs. Part of the reason is that they are so much more efficient than their incandescent and even fluorescent counterparts, saving consumers up to 75% on their home’s lighting energy costs. And when you consider just how long you keep your Christmas lights on, it’s no wonder people are snatching smart bulbs off the shelves more and more each year!
But it’s the versatility and features these bulbs have that will really make your home stand out this holiday season. In addition to the near unlimited possible combinations of both color and brightness directly at your fingertips, smart bulbs like the Flux Smart 2nd Generation WiFi and Bluetooth LEDs let you create fully customizable color transition patterns, assign schedules, and even sync lighting levels to your favorite tunes!
That’s why this season, we’re offering a few lighting ideas to add some pizzazz to your home’s Christmas ambiance and ensure the holidays are as festive and merry as ever!
Image by Cindy Shebley via Flickr
Brighten up your street with the power of smart lighting!
If it isn’t presents and a Christmas tree that people associate with this holiday season, it’s brightly lit and decorated houses. In fact, the practice has become so popular that businesses across the country have sprung up offering to put up your holiday lights for you!
If you’re looking to add something special to your outdoor lighting design this year, look no further than smart lighting! We’ve come up with just a few ideas that’ll hopefully spark your own creativity:
- Use the color-changing features of smart lighting to turn your house into a beacon of festivity! Bathe your home in red, green, and white lighting and add some extra color to your existing Christmas lights for a holiday home that will really pop!
- Or simply substitute smart lighting for your traditional lights altogether, letting you skip all the ladders, nail guns, and untangling. Don’t forget to set your color transitions using Custom Mode. It’ll truly bring your house to life!
- For anyone looking to display even more holiday spirit, use the Music Sync to put on a light show for all your neighbors set to your favorite Christmas tunes! With enough creativity and planning, you may even be able to top this family’s amazing light show!
Christmas color and creativity for indoors
With all the features and variety that smart lighting offers, you now have access to a whole new level of indoor decoration this year. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Use smart bulbs as your accent lighting source. That way, you can adjust the brightness levels to whatever works best for your design style. Don’t forget about changing colors as well. With over 16 million different colors to choose from, you can light up your stockings display with red, green, and white lights for some extra festivity.
- Use the same idea to light your Christmas tree but this time, take advantage of Custom Mode to cycle the various hues! Now, instead of a plain old tree with that same lighting style you’ve used for a decade, this year’s tree will constantly be changing between festive colors of your choosing. It’ll be a truly dynamic holiday display!
- Harness the power of sound! Try out the Music Sync feature of your smart bulbs to add a colorful display to your Christmas tunes. You can even use it to create your own personal lightshow while singing carols! And try out a speaker bulb like Flux Smart Blast to deck the halls with holiday favorites, without the inconvenience of bulk speakers.
Let us know what you think!
How are you using the feature-rich, highly-versatile power of smart lighting this holiday season to spread the spirit? Do you have any tips or tricks to make this Christmas even more festive? Tell us about it in the comments below and don’t forget to celebrate the season with the Flux Smart product line! They make great gifts too!